Saturday, September 27, 2008

I try this to setup outlook with my gmail

I was just setting up Gmail on my Treo 650. I found this to be very useful :

Here are the settings for Gmail using Vesamail on Treo 650.

1. Account name: Gmail
2. Mail Service: Other
3. Protocol: POP

4. Username: YourEmailAccountName@gmail.com
5. Password: YourPassWord

6. You Email Address: YourEmailAccountName@gmail.com
7. Incoming Mail Server: pop.gmail.com
8. Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com

9. Advanced

10. Incoming Server Settings
11. Enter ‘995’ in the port field.
12. Check 'Use Secure Connection (SSL)’.
13. Leave other box unchecked.


14. Outgoing Server Settings
15. Enter ‘587’ in the port field.
16. Check 'Use Secure Connection (SSL)’.
17. Check Use authentication (ESMTP).
18. Username: YourEmailAccountName@gmail.com
19. Done!

No comments: